About Fix FERC
This website is maintained by ordinary Americans who have realized the urgent need to change the way the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) operates.
- FERC is an independent federal government agency which answers to only the courts and Senate legislation.
- FERC decisions affect every American in multiple ways, whether it is the price you pay for oil, electricity and natural gas, or the air you breathe and the water you drink, or the taking of your land/home/business/property by eminent domain if you are one of our unfortunate fellow citizens in the path of FERC-regulated pipeline.
- The fossil fuel industry has undue influence at FERC, and there is a revolving door of personnel between the two. FERC regularly denies clean energy projects while promoting fossil fuel usage. FERC abuses its power and has been caught breaking the law.
- America has the talent, inventiveness, resources, and drive to become a global leader in instituting clean energy. But to become that leader, America must reform FERC.
- Individual American citizens are the best hope. Your voice—collectively—is powerful enough to convince Congress to fix FERC.
It is very quick and easy to start making your voice heard:
- Sign the Fix FERC First petition.
- Sign the General Accounting Office (GAO) petition to investigate FERC.
- Contact your Congressional Senators and Representative. https://www.opencongress.org/people/zipcodelookup
Sign up to receive updates to our website on why FERC needs fixing.