Welcome to Fix FERC, the citizen-driven effort to un-couple the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission from giant oil and gas corporations. Click the video above to get a quick overview of why this is needed.
What can you do?
- Please, please SHARE this site and spread the word.
- SIGN THE PETITION! Every time someone signs the petition, the President, congressmen, and the Inspector General of Department of Energy receives a notice in their inbox.
- Inform yourself via the information pages listed on the left-hand sidebar of this site. Also, scroll down the blog posts to see how FERC is affecting Americans.
- Write your congressmen: ask them to listen to constituents, not just oil and gas lobbyists. Ask your federal Senators and Representatives to take a stand to fix FERC.
- It is election season. Ask your candidates for federal office to take a stand. Be persistent.
- Tell us who is willing to take a stand. We would like to support them.
Here is the petition:
We call on our Federal Legislators, the President, and the Inspector General of Department Of Energy to:
- Conduct an INVESTIGATION by independent researchers of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission’s (FERC’s) procedures.
- Based on investigation results, REVISE and UPDATE FERC’s POLICIES to reflect the critical need to decrease fossil fuel reliance and rapidly expand renewable energy technologies.
- Enact a MORATORIUM on new fossil fuel infrastructure approvals by FERC until the investigation is complete and changes are implemented.
Want to do more? Request a PDF version of the petition so you can collect more signatures from your community. It is very easy. Let’s make sure our federal officials take notice!